Thursday, May 21, 2009

persepolis blog.

First off. I did not enjoy this book. I found it boring and hard to not fall asleep to. But because I don't want to fail again, I read it.
2.I think its really hard for a fictional book to be as meaningful as a non-fiction book because you know it never actually happened. People can get attached to a character if they know that person actually existed. When you know someones not real and there just a made up thing it makes them less human because they can do anything the writer says they did.
5.I think the writers voice is very appealing in the sense that it is bold and actually kind of uninformed and bias. I suppose for a young girl she was pretty smart but you could also see parts of the book in which the propaganda of the military had gotten to her and she wanted to fight. The thing I liked least about her is when she randomly claimed that she really liked that boy who was moving away and that this was the first and only time in the book he is talked about.
7.Ordinary people in Iran guess would have to laugh to keep from going insane. With all that crap going on and parties and fun stuff to be not allowed, how douchy is that?!?! It made me laugh when the dad said the teacher had a mustache. I think this is what i relate to most in this book because I find humor in stuff most people would think is down right fucked up. Like a few days ago i said a comment in english about oprahs school and people looked at me like i was satan.
9.If i were a child in that environment i would probably be one of the kids who joined the military with my key to heavon. Im suprized that they would do this knowing the risk of them getting killed. Its not a big deal to wear jeans at least not to me but then again I cant stand jeans.
13. Religion affects everything. Espeacialy in the middle east. It is scary when a religion becomes a political power like islam and christianity are today. (theres probably more that i dont know of). In the book there is the islamic revolution where the religion takes control over the country and soon enough laws are put in place that makes everything start to go backwards such as the closing of the universities. Thats some crazy shit right there! dam i cant believe it took me this many things to write that many words. it makes me sadface.

No comments:

Post a Comment